The flavour of Christmas stockings; clementines are the smallest of the mandarins. They are packed full of vitamins and easiest to eat as they have no seeds to chew on! Pick fairly firm fruits that are slightly yielding, keep in a cool room or preferably overnight in an oversized sock on Christmas Eve. Clementines are usually best eaten just as they are, freshly peeled and segmented, snacked on throughout the day.
Festive Clementine Posset
- In a medium pot bring to a simmer the juice and zest of 4 clementines, 500ml double cream, 75ml natural yogurt, 50g caster sugar, 75ml golden honey, 1 vanilla pod, 2 cloves and 1 star anise.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for ten minutes then remove from the heat and strain through a fine sieve.
- Pour the mixture into cocktail glasses or ramekins and allow to cool.
- When cold place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to set.
- Serve with red currants and clementine segments for a zingy treat.