MAKES 1 LOAF
- 210g strong white flour
- A pinch of salt
- 80g white sourdough starter
- 150g Yeo Valley 0% Fat Natural Yeogurt
- In a clean bowl dissolve the sourdough starter into the Yeogurt. Add in 100g of the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the dough and allow to ferment in a cool place overnight.
- After 24hrs, uncover the dough (there should be bubbles in the mixture). Mix the remaining flour and salt into the dough and fold until it comes together. Cover and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl, knead the dough for 10 seconds, until it resists and then leave to sit for 10 minutes. Repeat another three times, covering the bowl between kneading. Allow to rest for one hour.
- Shape the dough into a loaf, place in a floured proofing basket or greased baking tin. Leave to proof for three hours or until the dough is double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C/500°F and then put an empty deep tray at the bottom.
- When ready, turn the dough out of the proofing basket onto a floured tray, and slash with a very sharp serrated knife. Put in the oven and add a cup of water to the tray on the bottom shelf to form steam. Lower oven to 220°C/425°F. Bake for 30- 40 minutes until golden brown.
You will know it’s cooked as when you tap it on the bottom it will sound hollow. Allow to cool on a wire rack.