This recipe is from Tina Bester’s book Love Food
Other Recipes from Tina:
The crust is made using a decadent mix of grated Parmesan, fresh parsley and fresh breadcrumbs. Delicious served with rocket, chives and hot mustard mayonnaise.
- 200g/7oz/scant 1½ cups dried breadcrumbs
- 50g/1¾oz/generous ¾ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 50g/1¾oz/½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- Flour for dusting
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Olive oil for frying
- 4 fresh bread rolls
- Fresh rocket (arugula) leaves, to serve
- Fresh chives, to serve
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parsley and Parmesan in a bowl.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and dip them in the flour, then in the beaten egg and finally coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry them in olive oil until just done (about 3–4 minutes on each side).
- To make the mustard mayonnaise, combine the mayonnaise with the mustard.
- To assemble the burgers, warm the rolls in the oven for a few minutes, spread liberally with the mayonnaise, top with rocket and chives and add a crisp chicken breast to each one.