Surprisingly simple to make, these are always crowd pleasers at brunch.
This recipe is from Tina Bester’s book Love Food
Other Recipes from Tina:
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 slices streaky (lean) bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 250ml/8fl oz/1 cup fresh cream
- 30g/1oz/¼ cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas mark 4. Lightly butter 12 muffin cups.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until tender, drain and divide evenly among the muffin cups.
- Cut each slice of bacon into three pieces and place a piece on top of the potatoes in each muffin cup.
- Mix together the eggs, cream, Parmesan and a good grinding of salt and pepper.
- Carefully fill the muffin cups with the egg mixture and then bake for 20–25 minutes until firm.